Help for Record detail
The page displays information about the record that has been searched, in various formats with a possibility of other operations with the record.
The page with record details will be displayed after clicking on one record on a search results page. The number of records in search results and icons for listing records is in the first line of page. The listing is set on the possition of the displayed record in the searched set.
The record is displayed in a detailed display format with a preview of cover and other pictures, a content page scan or other digital objects (if they are available). For exemple: an icon of magnifying glass next to an author's name can be used for searching and displaying the record about this author. The link (underline text) in the author's name can be used for searching and displaying all records (documents) from this author.
Operations with a record
Following operations are available for every record:
- Borrow – icon for a request or a reservation of a document is displayed only in case, when there are some holdings (e.g. it will not be display in case of articles, collective serial records etc.).
- To the basket – this function put a record to the basket.
- Permanent link – link (URL adress) for displaying this record.
- Bookmark – offer another possibilities for searching, sharing records or operations with record.
- Request a copy DDS – it is a possiblity to request a document copy.
- I like it – allows to value this document.
- Digitized document - a link to a digitized work, not available on the market, that can be viewed under a licensed license online or from the library environment.
It is possible to display search results in several formats. Formats offer is determined by library.
A display format that contains maximum of information about the document (if you are searching the catalogue) or about the author, subject heading, corporation etc. (if you are searching in the authority file). A detailed display format can contain a link to the document fulltext or to photos connected to entry. It contains a list of available holdings that you can lend. A range of information available in the detailed display format is determined by library.
A short display format contains only concise information about a document or an author, subject heading etc. There is only basic information that can help us to evaluate if you have found what you have been searching for.
There might be available an ISBDdisplay format for getting the information about a document (if you are searching the catalogue). It is a display format created by librarians for uniform display as much information about the document as possible in a compressed way. It is usually only one sentence, where you can find the document title, information about authors, a publisher, an edition, etc. If you learn more about the format and you know how to find information in it, it is useful for preparing lists of documents e.g. (bibliographies).
It is a specialized format that displays a record in an exchange format MARC - every line displays one MARC record field.
Other possible display formats can be chosen in Display formats on the left-hand menu of the page.