User's personal data protection
We would like to assure you that we process and maintain your personal data in full compliance with the new „regulation of the European Parliament and the Council of the EU 2016/679, on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing the directive 95/46/ES“, also known as abbreviation GDPR (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation). The Regulation will be effective from .
Who is the administrator of your personal information?Your personal data administrator is Slovak Medical Library. If you have any queries or claims to exercise rights in connection with the processing of your personal data, you can contact us
- personally by visiting library
What personal data we process?We process only personal data that is necessary to provide our services to readers, in addition to complying with our legal obligations and also to protect our legitimate interests.
We mainly process these categories of personal data:
- Basic identification data – include names and surnames, titles, date and place of birth, the identity card number or passport number, identification code of the card, identification data from external systems, etc.
- Contact details – e-mail, phone number, contact address.
- Descriptive data – statistical data such as age, gender, education, employment.
- Information about another person – identification and address information of the statutory representative, authorized person, guarantor.
- Transaction data – history of borrowing operations, debts and payments for services.
- Reader profile in the online catalog – search history, favorite resources and documents, ratings, sign-up statistics.
For what purposes do we process them?
- Processing based on a contract
The agreement is the registration of the reader to the library. The purposes of the processing of personal data are, inter alia:
- Records of users with whom we have a contract (registered readers).
- Provision of library, information, and other services on the basis of the library act and further defined by the valid library regulations.
- Messaging directly related to the performance of these services.
- Processing based on authorized data administrator interests
- Protection of the library fund from fraud.
- Debt recovery.
- Informing readers about services and events organized by the library.
- Processing for statistical purposes
Once your registration is complete and the period for which we keep personal data, some data is further processed for statistical purposes, in an anonymous form.
- Processing based on a contract
Which entities have access to your data?In order to ensure the quality of library and information services, it is essential that other third parties, external processors have access to your personal data. This is primarily a supplier of the ARL library system, company COSMOTRON SLOVAKIA, s.r.o. In order to protect your personal data we have of course a written contract with all processors for the correct processing of your personal data.
How long are your personal data stored?We keep your personal information for the duration of the registration agreement for the reader so that we can provide you with our services. Upon termination of the contractual relationship and settlement of all obligations arising from or relating to the registration agreement, we retain your personal data for the necessary time, which means 1 year. Reasons for such data retention are for example:
- To protect of the library fund – for the damage additionally identified.
- To simplify user re-registration and retention of user's data (for example reader history).
- To solve any legal claims.
What rights do you have in relation to the processing of personal data?GDPR introduces the following rights for you:
- The right to get the informations about the processing of your personal data – we fulfill this by providing this information page or you can contact us on the above mentioned contacts.
- Right of access to personal data – you can access most of your personal information via your reader's account; you can request a detailed output in the library.
- Right to change your personal information – you have the possibility to request a change of your personal data in the library, you can change the selected contact information after logging in to your reader's account.
- Right to data portability – you can request the library to export your personal data in machine-readable format.
- Right to be forgotten – you have the possibility to request the deletion of your personal data in the library, after the settlement of all obligations and fulfillment of the conditions for termination of registration, that is, you will cease to be our reader. As an active reader, without a registration, you can request one-time or permanent anonymization of your borrowing history (older than 1 year). However, you won't have access to your borrowing operations, notifications of previously borrowed titles or linking to the history of your fees.
- Right to file a complaint with Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic – you can always contact your complaint about the matter processing of personal data to the supervisory authority, with the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic, based Hraničná 12, 820 07, Bratislava 27, phone number: +421 2 3231 3214, or web www.uoou.sk.